These classes are less famous as St. Andrews, however they retain their Scottish charm and appeal. Highly suggested if for that golfing connoisseur in Scotland.
- Royal Dornoch: Among the best courses on the planet, you don’t obtain the feeling that you’re there the game of golf – it’s a lot more like finding yourself in a quaint, seaside town. Sadly, it’s never located a wide open championship, even though it located the British Amateur Championship 1985 and also the Scottish Amateur Championship in 1993.
- Kingsbarns: This really is another 18-hole course having a great look at the ocean. The program doesn’t look natural, since it isn’t – it had been specifically organized like a links course in 2000, and the next year, it had been a co-host around the European Tour.
- Loch Lomond: The planet ‘loch’ in Scottish means lake in British, and you may indeed begin to see the attractive lake here. This program utilizes natural hazards like marshy areas and streams, and they’re aplenty. It located the Scottish Open from 2001-10, and it was a co-host around the European Tour for 5 years before that.
- Machrihanish: The very first hole here continues to be voted the very best on the planet, and also the club’s tagline for this is ‘Tee off over the Atlantic’. There’s a commanding look at the ocean, and as with all seaside courses, golfers must cope with the ocean breeze.
- Western Gailes: It’s sandwiched between your ocean and railway line, but that’s also important even more exciting. The task is exacerbated with a course that doesn’t look welcoming, as you would expect. In addition to the winds, there may also be rain to cope with at occasions (the program used to be almost washed away in 1926), however the greatest threat is a solitary train whistle breaking your concentration when you’re least prepared. A real illustration of Scottish golf traditions in their finest, including not teeing every sunday.
- Prestwick: This program was the initial host from the Open Championship, certainly one of golf’s four major titles. Spectators switched in large figures for that championship, with merely a small group of marshals to manage them, the crowd am frequently hit with balls the tournament was subsequently moved to St. Andrews.
- Nairn: The views from the ocean are spectacular of all the hole here. This can be a must-visit for just about any golf enthusiast touring due to the distinct united nations-worldwide feel towards the course – it really provides you with the sensation that you’re indeed teeing off in Scotland. It is not only the ocean – you can bring a video camera together with your golf accessories and random clicks alone will generate some awesome pictures. Voted among the Best Players Courses within the Uk.
If you’d like to tee off at these courses, call us. We are able to personalize a golf tour to Scotland only for you. You’ll be chauffeured around in luxury vehicles, to be able to enjoy your vacation towards the maximum.